We offer specialist NDIS accommodation services and supports including Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Supported Independent Living (SIL). SDA refers to the accommodation for people who require specialist housing to cater to their very high supports needs. SIL accommodation offers the opportunity for you to live as independently as possible, with all the support you need. West End Support Services can assist you to develop skills like how to cook a favourite meal, with the support to manage your household chores and personal care.
Click each of the boxes below to find out more about each of these services
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
West End Support Services are a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider. Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) refers to accommodation for participants who require specialist housing solutions to assist with the delivery of supports that assist to manage their very high support needs.
SDA refers only to the physical accommodation. It does not refer to the support services that are provided to Participants living at the accommodation (We provide SIL supports for this). SDA may include specialist designs for people with very high needs or may have a location or features that make it feasible to provide complex or costly supports for independent living.
What is the SDA Design Standard?
The SDA Design Standard has been developed through extensive consultation across government, private sector, the housing industry and disability organisations.
It details design requirements that will be incorporated into newly built SDA, seeking enrolment under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
SDA housing is designed to meet one of 4 design categories:
- Improved liveability – housing that has been designed to improve ‘liveability’. This includes a reasonable level of physical access and some features for people with sensory, intellectual or cognitive impairment
- Fully accessible – housing with a high level of accessibility for people with significant physical impairment
- Robust – housing designed with a high level of physical accessibility, and built to be very strong to help prevent damage to the property and reduce the safety risk to the participant and the community
- High physical support –housing that has been designed to incorporate a high level of physical accessibility for people with significant physical impairment and requiring very high levels of support. The appropriate design category for a participant will be decided by considering the participant’s specific needs.
How do I get SDA with West End Support Services in my NDIS Plan?
Before you can be approved for an SDA support with West End Support Services, you must go through the Informing Housing Solutions process or already receive SDA payment in your NDIS Plan. The Informing Housing Solutions is an NDIS funded support that provides up to 75 hours of support coordination to assist you to investigate all of the funding options available to you, before you move to the SDA housing. The Informing Housing Solutions includes funding for assessments so that you can determine what you will need for your SDA housing. West End Support Services are able to assist you with this process.
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
West End Support Services offers Supported Independent Living (SIL) to NDIS Participants with high needs, who require assistance with daily life tasks to live as independently as possible. SIL aims to help with or provide supervision of daily tasks in a share living environment, with a focus on developing the participant’s skills so that they can be as independent as possible.
SIL is funded under the NDIS through a participant’s Core Supports, but is not part of their flexible budget. SIL is a quoted, agreed upon support item.
Our NDIS Participants who live in SIL will receive daily support with tasks including:
- social and medical needs;
- attending appointments; and
- help with personal care.
If you already have an NDIS Plan, your circumstances have changed and you would like to access Supported Independent living we are able offer you support with making an application to the NDIA.
View our Properties
We are taking expressions of interest and applications for vacancies now in the below locations:
- Supported independent living available now in Ballarat
- Improved liveability SIL and SDA available now in Ballarat
- Fully accessible SDA and SIL available October in Ballarat
- High Physical support SDA and SIL in Ballarat
- Fully accessible SDA and SIL available October in Gold Coast